ASUS EAX1950 Pro Dual – another “dual” Radeon X1950 Pro
Following Sapphire Technology, ASUS is going to release its “dual-core” graphics adapter based on AMD / ATI Radeon X1950 Pro processors.
The EAX1950 Pro Dual will use two PCBs, and the GPU will operate at almost the reference frequency – 580 MHz. The frequency of GDDR3 memory will be 1400 MHz (reference). It is impossible not to pay attention to the adapter cooling system, which includes two fans and two heat pipes for each GPU. Unlike Sapphire’s solution, EAX1950 Pro Dual does not have CrossFire connectors, which means that two such cards cannot be installed in a PC.
It is difficult to understand what buyers Sapphire and ASUS are counting on – the cost of such an adapter will roughly correspond to DirectX10 solutions based on the same NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS.
- GPU: 2 x Radeon X1950 Pro (RV570)
- Interface: PCI-Express x16
- Memory size: 2 x 256 MB
- Memory bus width: 2 x 256 bit
- Number of Shader Vertex Processors: 2 x 8
- Number of Shader Pixel Processors: 2 x 36
- Texture processors: 2 x 12
- ROPs: 2 x 12
- Outputs: 2 x DVI (Dual-Link), VGA, TV-out