ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus motherboard
ASUS has released an updated version of the P5N32-E SLI mainboard, called the Plus prefix. Recall that the P5N32-E SLI, based on the NVIDIA nForce 680i chipset, is equipped with three PCI Express x16 slots, which allows you to install a pair of graphics adapters in SLI mode and an accelerator for physical calculations.
The only difference between the new items is that only polymer capacitors are used here. It is also possible that the manufacturer has improved the FSB stability at 1333 MHz, although support for this mode has remained “almost official”.
The price of new items is approximately $ 250. We think that the P5N32-E SLI Plus will simply replace its predecessor – in this price segment, electrolytic capacitors are no longer in vogue.
- Supported processors: Intel Core 2 Duo / Quad / Extreme, Pentium 4 / D / Extreme Edition
- FSB: 1333/1066/800/533 MHz
- System logic set: NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
- Memory: DDR2 533/667/800 (up to 8 GB), NVIDIA SLI-Ready
- Storage interfaces: 6 x SATA II (RAID 0, 1, 0 + 1, 5, JBOD), 1 x IDE (2 devices)
- Expansion slots: 3 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x1, 2 x PCI
- Audio (separate SupremeFX module): 7.1-channel ADI 1988B HD codec, coaxial and optical digital outputs
- Network: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet (Marvell 88E1116)
- Ports: 2 x IEEE1394 (VIA VT6308P), 10 x USB 2.0
- 8-Phase Power, Stack Cool 2 Heatpipe Cooling
- Form Factor: ATX