BCM56510: New Series of Broadcom Gigabit Switches with BroadShield
Broadcom Announces New Generation StrataXGS III BCM56510 Gigabit Ethernet Switches Supporting BroadShield (Network Access Control, NAC) and Microsoft Network Access Protection Policies.
The Broadcom StrataXGS III BCM56510 series continues the already widely used BCM56500 series, providing support for standardized authentication algorithms, user quarantine, denial of service and MiM (man in the middle) attacks.
Key features of the StrataXGS III BCM56510:
- Layer 2 (L2) Packet Switching and Layer 3 (L3) Routing, IPv4 / IPv6
- BroadShield data protection technology with ContentAware access control, L2 and L3 port management, integrated and advanced DOS protection
- Network admission control (NAC) Microsoft Network Access Protection
- Virtual routing for virtualizing network traffic
- Tunneling IPv6 over IPv4, IP over IP, etc. P.
- Eight classes of service (CoS) with sophisticated queuing mechanism
- 802 support.1ad
The Broadcom StrataXGS III BCM56510 series is currently represented by five solutions: BCM56510 (24 10/100/1000 Mbps ports), BCM56511 (four 10 Gbps / HiGig + ports), BCM56512 (24 10/100/1000 Mbps ports) and two 10 Gbps / HiGig + ports), BCM56513 (24 10/100/1000 Mbps ports and three 10 Gbps / HiGig + ports) and BCM56514 (24 10/100/1000 Mbps ports and four 10 Gbps / HiGig +), differing from each other in the number and type of ports. Trials are currently available, mass production will be announced at a later date.