Actiontec screenbeam usb transmitter.
Actiontec screenbeam usb transmitter..
Intel V8 8-core demo: details
Intel showcased its V8 concept at CES 2021, technologically similar to AMD’s approach to its Quad FX platform. Now some new details have become known about what exactly was shown and demonstrated outstanding performance.
So, the stand configuration:
- Processors: 2 x Intel Xeon X5355 (4 cores per processor, 2.66 GHz)
- Motherboard: Intel S5000XVN for Workstations, Intel 5000X Chipset
- Memory: FB-DIMM-667, 4 modules of 512 MB
- Video system: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
- Disk array: RAID 0 based on Maxtor DiamondMax 6L30050 SATA disks, 1.3 TB
- Optical drive: TDK 420N
- Case: CoolerMaster CMStacker 830
- Power supply: Enermax Galaxy DGA1000EWL
- OS: Windows XP Professional SP2, DirectX 9.0c
As you can see, Intel did not come up with anything supernova, but simply, like AMD, used components designed for powerful workstations in an ordinary desktop PC.
The total cost of such components for today is $ 4500. At the same time, one should hardly expect from such a system of performance records in games and many other applications that are the main ones for home users. The number of programs that can get a noticeable increase in performance from 8 processor cores is extremely small, so we can assume that we will not see systems based on Intel V8 on the market in the near future. The company is quite confident in its leadership in desktop processor performance and it makes special sense to release V8 before the appearance of native AMD quad-core processors, which is not scheduled for the third quarter.